OTTAWA SUMP PUMP INSTALLATION & REPAIR
Your sump pump is a very important piece of equipment to help prevent flooding in your basement. When it encounters problems, you may end up with unwanted water during heavy rainfall or if there is a lot of snow melting at one time. When you call Safari Plumbing Ltd. in Ottawa, ON and surrounding area, you can expect high quality sump pump installation and repair that will keep your basement dry all year round.
Visit our reviews page today to discover what others in your area have been saying about our range of services.
Is Your Sump Pump In Good Working Order?
Since your sump pump is designed to remove excess water from your basement, any problems with how the pump operates may end up in flooding, water damage and a costly cleanup. If you’ve been having any issues, make a point of calling for sump pump repair services as soon as possible.
Tips to Avoid a Sump Pump Failure
Unfortunately, thousands of people each year get flood damage due to sump pump failure. Here are some of the reasons sump pumps fail and how to avoid them.
- POWER FAILURE: Oftentimes, extreme weather can lead to power outages which can prevent the sump pump from draining excess water. A great solution to this is to install a battery-powered backup sump pump.
- A STUCK SWITCH: If the pump’s position inside the basin is disturbed, the pump may be unable to engage the switch. Some sump pump repositioning and cleaning should fix the issue.
- OVERWHELMED PUMP: A small sump pump will not only perform poorly but also break earlier than expected. Seek advice from a professional sump pump specialist on the best model for your home.
- FROZEN OR CLOGGED DISCHARGE PIPE: If the sump pump’s discharge pipe is clogged or frozen, water will flow back down the pipe and subsequently flood your basement. Install a specialty discharge line that will free water to exit the basement area.
- LACK OF MAINTENANCE: Failing to maintain your sump pump may lead to premature failure. Schedule sump pump maintenance every two to three months. A yearly program before the rainy season hits can also save you lots of trouble.
Other reasons your sump pump may fail include:
- Improper installation
- Product defect
- Old age
- Setting your sump pump in dirt or gravel
- No air relief hole in the discharge line
- Failing to install a check valve on the discharge line
Why Professional Service Is the Way to Go
Professional sump pump contractors will be able to determine which part of your pump is causing the problem, and can make a suggestion for a quick repair or replacement to get it working again quickly. DIY service only increases the risk of having an issue when you need your pump the most, so do yourself a favor and call Safari Plumbing Ltd.
Don’t forget to check out our coupons page to save on your next service with us.
The Benefits Of Choosing Our Sump Pump Services
“Service that’s Above the Rest” is more than just a slogan. At Safari Plumbing Ltd., it’s what we live by. We strive to make your sump pump installation the best plumbing service you’ve ever encountered!
What do we do that sets us apart from other plumbing service companies in Ottawa? To begin with, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee- we’ll keep working until you’re totally happy with the outcome. All our trucks are fully stocked with quality tools, so you don’t have to wait around for a part or tool to get the job done.
As plumbing technicians go, the team at Safari Plumbing Ltd. is the best! Our technicians are highly skilled, and always respectful of you and your home. We arrive on time and work efficiently to get the job done in a timely manner. Our technicians will always slip on shoe covers before starting work, and they will make a point of cleaning up their messes when they are finished. Give us a call today to speak with a knowledgeable member of our team.
Don’t wait until your sump pump has stopped working entirely before you look for help. At the first sign of trouble, call (613) 324-1636 in the Ottawa, ON area and we will send a technician for expert sump pump services and get it running again.
ABOVE & BEYOND PLUMBING SERVICE
Our Standards Are Higher Than the Treetops
WHY CHOOSE SAFARI PLUMBING?
Licensed & Registered
We carry liability insurance so you can rest assured that you and your home will be protected. Licensed & registered by the Government of Ontario.
Expertly Trained Technicians
Our plumbers undergo weekly training and regularly attend seminars on the latest plumbing technology.
Done Right the First Time
Fully Stocked Trucks
Not only do our technicians always arrive on time, but each of our trucks carries a complete inventory of tools and parts.